Friday, January 23, 2009

Rhodie

Did I mention that Nola is part Rhodesian Ridgeback? I love that about her! I only recently learned this and feel ridiculous that I hadn't put two and two together before.... anywho.... while she doesn't have the true ridge (not all purebred Rhodies even have it, did you know that?! those pups obviously wouldn't show, but that's nothing I'm really concerned with to be honest...) she does have a much darker stripe down her back. A photo of that will be my homework assignment for the weekend.
Being part Rhodie also explains her little white paw as this is a trademark trait of the breed.

Here are some fun Rhodie links in case you just LOVE Nola and want a dog like her. Because everyone should. She's great. ;)

Did I mention that the Rhodesian is from Zimbabwe (used to be Rhodesia)? It was fate. Read more about why I love Africa here.

1 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Nola is BEAUTIFUL! What a cool dog!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I'm glad I 'found' you, now! ;)